Wednesday, March 01, 2006

February Music

Here are a few albums that I picked up in the month of February.
Luckily, I also received a gift certificate to help compensate.


Jack Johnson - The Curious George soundtrack
I got this for the kids, but I will secretly enjoy this too.


The Violet Burning - Drop Dead
I picked the up at their show earlier in the month.


Amina - Animamina E.P.
I also picked the up at the show with Sigur Ros.


Trespasser William - Having
I love the name! I am a fan of the original Winnie the Pooh cartoon. It is so innocent and carefree and very lulling. So is this music.

And a dvd too! I must admit I love this story and the movie is very enjoyable.

6 comments:

Jadee said...

hey forrest...wanted to let you know i just got a chance to respond to your reply/comment on the divorce topic...

shakedust said...

Golden thinks I should watch Pride and Prejudice. I'll probably cave and watch it at some point.

f o r r e s t said...

Dust,
It is a good movie to watch, but I would recommend reading the book first. I am not sure how much I would have understood from the movie if I didn't know the whole story and all the innerworkings from the book. I am sure the movie stands alone, but having read it I was able to follow along and enjoy.

f o r r e s t said...

Hey Jadee,
I read you comments and I'll check your blog to see more of what you have to say.

GoldenSunrise said...

I did the opposite of you regarding P&P. I would have not understood the book if I hadn't of watched the movie first. I went into the movie knowing nothing and did enjoy it. The only thing that is getting me through the book is remembering what I saw in the movie.

f o r r e s t said...

I guess if you have a hard time reading the book seeing the movie first could help.

I like to read the book first, if it's on my list to read, before I watch the movie - so that I don't have an skewed views when I read the book.

I am reading the Da Vinci Code right now, and even though I know Tom Hanks is playing Mr. Langdon, I don't see him when I read.

Obviously, movies cut a lot out from the books, and having read the books beforehand, I feel like I can fill in the blanks from chopping up the story. (Think all Harry Potter movies.)

I will try my hardest to have my boys read the chronicals of Narnia and LOTR before they see the movies.