Tuesday, March 28, 2006

the cast is off

Last Friday, March the 24th, we all went with Goose down to Children's Mercy Hospital to get his cast off. It has been 3 weeks already. He didn't want to take his cast off. He quite liked it. I think he equated having the cast on to his arm not hurting anymore and was afraid by taking it off his arm would still hurt.

He was brave. I thought the cutting of the cast was going to be a problem with the blade and the loud noise, but he didn't mind.

He babied his arm for the rest of the day - holding it close to his body and in the same position that the cast was in. The arm was stiff and I guess a little sore if he tried to strech it out.

We promised him either a slushie or milkshake after he got his cast off. But it was only 8:30 in the morning, so I told him I'd take him out after I got home from my half day of work.

So later in the day, we stop by Winstead's for a butterscotch malt and he is now drinking it in the back of the car, he tells me "daddy, the malt is making my arm feel all better now." He was right, because from that moment on he started using that arm and now has full range in motion. The doctor said it could take up to a month.

6 comments:

GoldenSunrise said...

Treats can make anything feel better. : ) Gifts can too.

f o r r e s t said...

Amen to that!

Golden are you a gifts person in the 5 LL's?

shakedust said...

Yep she is!

A malt would make me feel better.

T said...

YAY the cast is off! Sounds like he was a real trooper! Yummy shakes!

Dash said...

Kids are so cool ... well when they aren't driving you crazy.

Stephanie said...

mmmm, it would have to be chocolate or strawberry to fix my arm....