Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Recent Movies

I have watched a few movies lately (on dvd):

CRASH – the world is broken.

WALK THE LINE – great performances by Joaquin Phoenix and Reece Witherspoon. I want to read the Johnny Cash autobiography.

ZATHURA – a fun movie, a boy’s dream adventure. I wish I was 8 again.

ELIZABETHTOWN – a smart quirky romance that tackles some deep human issues…a fun movie.

PRIDE AND PREDJUDICE – the original romance.

THE MAN – wasn’t sure at first, but has some funny moments.

WHY SHOULD THE DEVIL HAVE ALL THE GOOD MUSIC - a documentary that looks at the Christian music scene. Filmed and Cornerstone festival in 2001

CORPSE BRIDE – not quite what I hoped for.

That is all I can think.

5 comments:

Achtung BB said...

I kind of liked "Corpse Bride". I liked the contrast between the "dead world" and "live world". I thought the animation was good too.

shakedust said...

I haven't seen any of those yet. Most are in our queue, though.

f o r r e s t said...

BB, the animation was good. Can you explain the contrast between the "dead world" and the "live world?" I am interested in your take, but you probably won't ever see this question.

GoldenSunrise said...

We will be renting Elizabethtown soon now that we have seen a sneak preview. : )

f o r r e s t said...

Sorry to give away the ending!