Thursday, March 30, 2006

las' night

BB is a good friend.

He is my concert buddy.

Last night we went to see The Violet Burning with John Davis at The Hurricane in Wesport.

I used to work in Wesport and I miss it. Wesport is active – day or night.

I love the sound of Wesport. You can here loud chatter pouring out of the buildings where people congregate. And music. There is always music.

Wesport is always good for a few weird people.

The show was a bar show versus a venue show which means the music usually doesn’t start until after 10pm, that way more people will show and stay late and buy lots of drinks.

The Violet Burning played first and when left after a few songs from John Davis.

My friend [M] was also there, so I got to catch up with him a bit.

I wanted some late night pizza. BB and I were talking pizza as we walked out of the Hurricane and it didn’t help that I parked right in front of Joe’s Pizza – pizza by the slice.

I always have a good time with BB when we see our bands. The conversation is always fun and it always turns to music. We could keep each other busy for hours talking music.

5 comments:

shakedust said...

"We could keep each other busy for hours talking music."

Could? :)

Westport is a cool place. Is it as happening on weeknights, though?

Dash said...

I have yet to truly experience the beauty of westport. It sounds like the sort of place one whould wear a big flannel shirt to in the fall.

f o r r e s t said...

Okay Dust...we do keep ourselves entertained for hours talking music. And yes, Westport was hopping on a Wednesday night. Probably not as much as Friday-Saturday, but it was still plenty busy.

Westport is a place with character -beauty and ugly- lots of places to eat and drink and get tattoos and shop for odd items.

Stephanie said...

back in the day, wed was ladies night, and VERY busy! We always stopped when we were leaving and everyone got pyramid pizza, but I always opted for a gyro from Jerusalem Cafe. They are great at 3am!

windarkwingod said...

My brother and I went to a wrestling match in that huge bar next to the building Forrest use to work in. There was no security and it turned into a big hillbilly gang fight with a KCMO police officer screaming "Where are your BUDDIES?!?!" at us when the hillbilly crips lost the cops in the parking lot. Wild Wild Westport (it was a Tuesday)