Wednesday, August 24, 2005

I'm going bananas over bananas...or some bananas are bigger than others, some bananas mothers are bigger than other banana's mothers

I like bananas.
I usually eat one around 10 am for a mid-morning snack.
However, I have a few hang-ups.

Why do I get grossed out over a mushy section of a banana that has been bruised? After I put it in my mouth and chew it all gets mushy anyway. For some reason, it grosses me out and I try to eat around it.

What's up with the long stringy part that runs the length of the banana? Is it part of the banana or the peel? I try to pull them off before I eat, but I usally always get part that hangs out of my mouth and that gives me the heebeejeebee's.

For some reason, I don't like to eat the very end of the banana - the butt! It has that spikey thing that hangs out and is a bit hard.

I don't like to eat green bananas.

...and what's up with those bite size midget bananas that I see at the grocery store. Is it like the veal of fruit?

6 comments:

windarkwingod said...

If banana-colored bus crashes into us - to be by Your side - what a smushy way to die...

Monkeys peel the butt part first so they have a handle at the other end. I freeze bananas and put them into smoothies. In orer to peel a frozen banana you have to run warm water over it and twist and slide the brown exterior off. If you had to peel yellow poop, I bet that is what it would feel like.

f o r r e s t said...

(If banana-colored bus crashes into us - to be by Your side - what a smushy way to die...)

...that is funny, how about...
Girlfriend in a banana, I know, I know it's serious...

GoldenSunrise said...

I eat my banana as an evening snack. I smack really loud when eating it around Dust's ears to annoy him.

I have the same hang-ups you do about bananas, scary. I don't eat the butt of the banana or the butt on any other food.

I have wondered about the midget bananas also. I think they have a different name.

Dar, I put a banana in the freezer once. I was told you could do that to the ones that were getting old to make banana bread. Once it was frozen, I didn't know what to do next so I threw it away. Thanks for the tip.

shakedust said...

I don't like bananas. Golden takes full advantage of that. Not only will she sit next to me and smack really loud, she will also be sure that I get a good whiff of her banana breath.

Sometimes after Golden has gone to bed I will notice a banana smell and realize that she has left half her banana on a tray next to my chair. Wonderful.

roamingwriter said...

I don't like bananas, ever, anyhow, no way. I'm with dust. What's that smell? Eww. Banana. I pick them out of my fruit salad if at all possible and forget about a smoothie that has banana in it-- they permeate what they are in which is good if you like them, not so good for the rest of us.

f o r r e s t said...

I do not like banana flavored candy like Laffy Taffy or Runts.

But I do love bananas in smoothies and fruit juice. IMHO, it adds the base for the other fruits to shine and it gives the smoothie a nice thick consistency.