Monday, August 29, 2005

happy little accidents and discovering new music

Last Friday was my half day at work and I had about 2 hours left that I need to get done. I decided to leave anyway and come in on Saturday during the kids “quiet/nap” time. Fate, perfect timing, whatever you call it happened. A “what if” situation…. What if I would have finished my work on Friday? What if I left home after my first attempt, before Vernal asked if I could stay until she got Goose settled? What if my radio station was not set on NPR? What if this? What if that? …I could have missed out on this four minute window.

It just so happened, that God was looking on me with favor that day and decided to show me the beauty of his creation. I just happened to be in the car during the NPR show Sonic Spectrum and the host played a song from a band called Coco Rosie. The song was Noah’s Ark and I love every second of it – the lo-fi electronics and the two separate female vocals and the weird-ed out Billie Holliday vibe. The song was taken off their upcoming record to be released in a couple of weeks. I will definitely be looking up all of their music. Their music from what I can tell sound like the pictures below.


7 comments:

f o r r e s t said...

THat's the spirit sunset! They are sisters who were pretty much raised by hippies, I think. If you click on Noah's Ark you can listen to a streaming version of that song.

I wasn't sure if anybody would be able to comment on this. Thanks!

roamingwriter said...

I love serendipitous moments. Enjoy the ride.

shakedust said...

I am always intrigued how little stuff that happens in our lives can impact us for the rest of our lives.

Like, what if I hadn't specified where I wanted to live on campus in college. Then I wouldn't have met Golden.

f o r r e s t said...

Amazing! Isn't it? Finding the love of your life all comes down to petty decisions one makes on a whim or with deep thought about things that have nothing to do with love. It's all about chance -being in the right place at the right time - and prayer.

Did you ever see the movie Sliding Doors with Gwyneth Paltrow? It follows two outcomes of her life based on a decision to do this or that. Very interesting.

shakedust said...

Never saw it. Maybe I'll add it to the queue.

f o r r e s t said...

It's good. Golden will thank you, because it is somewhat a chick flick.

Achtung BB said...

I have those moments too where suddenly you hear a fantastic song and you like "I got to get this". I might recommend "Embrace"