Wednesday, August 31, 2005

The Greatest Show on Earth!!...let me go back a few days to Saturday

.......it's a Saturday afternoon, let's go to the circus and watch the dancing elephants.......
I love that picture - it looks like something out of a disney movie.

I took Goose to his first ever circus. It was also my first as an adult. I think I only went once as a child. It was quite an event in the way the the olympic opening ceromonies are an event. It starts off with a big flashbang *music, singing, dancing, a parade of elephants, clowns, lights, fireworks, more animals, men with long legs, men with very short legs* and it is coming from every direction. So much to look at who couldn't be in awe.

I must admit there were some moments that I was on the edge of my seat - the people who do tricks balancing on top of a pole, the guy running on top of the barrel of a spinning arm a hundred feet in the air, the tight rope walkers, 3 motorcycles in a sphere-then 4, their was that one grumpy lion, and the girl hanging on to a bar by her toes way up high with nothing below. And the moment that made me most nervous was walking past any one of the hundreds of gift stands that they had placed every 15 feet along the corridor, knowing at any given moment, Goose will ask for something and the potential fit that could follow after I say no. They did draw him in, but he did a good job and didn't wine too much. What 2 year old boy wouldn't be distracted by shiny toys?

Upon arrival, I was trying to decide if I should park cheap and walk further or pay more and be closer. I always go cheap, but I was curious to see how much the close parking was going for. I looked over at the cheap parking and I saw the circus train. There was no other choice. For an added bonus of paying less money was the added attraction of parking next to a silver circus train. I had to drag Goose away from the train and convince him that it would still be here when the circus was over.

6 comments:

T said...

cool! I went to the circus with my Sunday School teacher when I was in early Elem. A friend and I won the opportunity to go via a memory verse competition! We had a blast!

GoldenSunrise said...

It is cool that you are keeping track of Goose's "first" fun events. Kind of like on online baby book.

I went to Barnum & Baileys Circus when I was in Kindergarten. It was fun!

Anonymous said...

The circus is magical! But those vendor can definitely make things difficult! Cotton candy for $10?! Please.

shakedust said...

(the noise that an elephant makes)!

shakedust said...

That's something I haven't done in a while! Perhaps Golden and I should check out the circus sometime soon.

Anonymous said...

Hey Ya Forest!

Think ya might remember a ride in a cop car with redlights and a siren on somewhere in North Dakota, maybe ya had kinda the same feeling ahe! LOL

Just had to bring that up to see if ya remember it or even want to LOL!