Tuesday, August 30, 2005

THE AFTERNOON….let me go back a few days to Friday (Part 1)

Friday was my half day at work. Mostly on my half days, I try to take Goose my 2 year old out for the afternoon and do some sort of activity. This provides Vernal a little sanity and relief to be left with Turkey our 9 month old.

Well, for this outing I wanted to check out the new arcade off of Shawnee Mission Parkway called PowerPlay. I heard they had a toddler zone. They had this huge – I don’t know what you call it – jungle gym?....one of those things that you climb with tubes and nets and different levels and all sorts of slides. Pretty cool! They also had a moonwalk to jump on, a little train track ride, and all sorts of other little things. Goose loved it.

After we left that area, we walked around to see what else they had and we came across the go-karts. They had some cars that were double seaters. I couldn’t resist, so we had the ride of our life.

I just wanted to use this post as an opportunity to make note of Goose’s first go-kart ride at 2 years and 9 months. This info may come in handy later….

2 comments:

shakedust said...

Did he drive at all (meaning did he have the steering wheel in his hands)? I know I would have had a blast at that age in a go kart.

f o r r e s t said...

No - too young for that. His idea of driving is twisting the steering while back and forth.

It was just a thrill ride!