Friday, January 06, 2006

When Mom is Away the Boys Will Play

Vernal left today to take a little weekend trip to New York City. She is meeting up with her sisters to take on the Big Apple.

I am glad she is going - to get away from me, the kids, and home life for a while and just have fun with her sisters.

I have taken trips and left Vernal home with the kids several times: Business related, ski trips, U2 in St. Louis. But this is the first time it is just me and the boys for the weekend. I am not to worried though and hopefully they can part with their mom. If they do wake up in the middle of the night, it is mom that they want, so hopefully they'll be content with me...(now where are those sleeping pills.)

6 comments:

shakedust said...

Tylenol PM works wonders. :)

T said...

don't forget to check the expiration dates!

Dash said...

hmmmm ... the dad to be is the first one to bring up sedating the kids. BB are you taking notes?

GoldenSunrise said...

I have a hunch that the boys will be visiting Grandma sometime over the weekend.

Stephanie said...

Benadryl for kids, not Tylenol PM silly! Oh, you all have much to learn. I know you guys will have a fun weekend. I've decided that I am going to take my Princess to New York for New Years Eve before she graduates. My sisters-in-law all want to go with their girls too. We'll see if it ever happens. (I'm talking several years from now, of course.)

MsMayhem said...

WOW!! New york?? How fun for her!! Have agreat weekend with your kids!!!