Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Blokus - Wednesday Part 2

My mom is great at giving good and thoughtful gifts. She latches on to something that you might have said half a year ago or a particular interest or enjoyment you might have and will use that knowledge when it comes to gifts.


These last few years, my family has really been into the brain puzzle sort of games like Rush Hour. (Above) You play these solo, but are great when you are in a room full of people and you need a little break.

So, seeing that I enjoy these puzzle games, she gets me Blokus out of the blue. I didn't ask for it, but what a perfect gift. The game itself is really fun. It combines all the elements of the brain puzzles into a friendly competition of 2-4 players. It reminds me a lot of one of those Survivor Games fighting for immunity. You have 21 different shaped pieces and the goal is to get rid of them all or have the least amount of units per piece when you have no more moves left. You can only add a piece to one of your existing pieces on the board and you can only touch at the corners of your piece. (see picture below) This is my spead - no screaming, no being quick - just playing some tricky offense and some nasty defense.

8 comments:

shakedust said...

That looks like a good game to play around a table at Homer's.

f o r r e s t said...

Tomorrow night?

shakedust said...

Sounds good to me.

Stephanie said...

I like the screaming games!

f o r r e s t said...

You are a good screamer!

GoldenSunrise said...

Blokus looks cool! The shapes look like Tetris pieces.

T said...

This sounds like an interesting game! Very cool!

Stephanie said...

I am a great screamer! (Just ask my kids!)