Wednesday, January 04, 2006

new music - wednesday part 1

One of my favorite activities of Christmas or maybe is should say the days following Christmas is trying to spend the little bit of cash or gift cards that I have on music. Many times my first attempt is one of faliure, I'll go to the record store and come home empty handed. But that is part of the fun and what turns it into a week long process. I can't recall how many times I made it over to Borders, Barnes and Noble, and Best Buy to look at music and to sample albums on the computer. The fun is not over yet. I still have a gift card to borders - I am waiting for this weekend to use a 30% off coupon and I still have some money for iTunes - a first for me.

Joy Electric - Montgolfier and the Romatic Balloons
This E.P. is not a result of Christmas, but is something I ordered online a month earlier. After their last album The Ministry of Archers being very experimental this 9 song e.p. (6 new songs and 3 remixes) is a return to the classic Joy Electric sound built off of the experimentation of the last album. Very Good!


Portishead - Dummy
This came in my stocking from Santa. One of the best and defining albums of the mid-ninties trip-hop bands. We used to listen to this album a lot late at night in my architectural studios at KU.

Viva Voce - The Heat Can Melt Your Brain
Husband and wife indie-rock that is delicious! Also, a gift from Santa in my stocking.


Delirious? - The Mission Bell


The Beta Band - the best of...


Embrace - Out of Nothing


U2 - Vertigo 05 Live from Chicago
This was a gift from Magrelo via Seminole.

4 comments:

MsMayhem said...

You have great taste in music!! Happy 06 Forrest:)

f o r r e s t said...

Oh thank you. I'd like to think I have great taste in music, but not all would agree.

shakedust said...

I would agree that you have good taste in music, though our tastes does not overlap in too many places.

f o r r e s t said...

Oh Dust, you'd be surprised.

When I was kid I use to not like tacos because they were too spicy. Now, I luuuuve TAcOOOO's.