Tuesday, January 24, 2006

January 24

I had to get out today during lunch. Today is January 24 – the so called most depressing day of the year. I guess I had a little cabin fever. The sun is out and the temperature is fair. I walked around and made my way to the public library. I feel much better now even though I am now sitting at my desk.

26 songs from the afternoon as shuffled from my music box:

  1. Erin Mckeown - Grand – Vera
  2. Hope Sandaval - Bavarian Fruit Bread – Drop
  3. Catherine Wheel – Chrome – The Nude
  4. Over the Rhine - ‘Till We Have Faces – Iron Curtain
  5. Daniel Amos (DA) – Vox Humana – Dance Stop
  6. Stars – Set Yourself On Fire – One More Night
  7. Pedro the Lion – Achilles Heel – The Fleecing
  8. DC Talk – Intermission - I wish we’d all been ready
  9. Starflyer 59 – Old – the Lights On
  10. Sufjan Stevens – Illinois – the Seer’s Tower
  11. Sigur Ros – Von – Leit Ad Lifi
  12. Starflyer 59 – Gold – When You Feel Miserable
  13. Slowdive – Pygmalian – Rutti
  14. Michael Pritzl – Hollow Songs – Halo
  15. Don Chaffer – What You Don’t Know – up before the sun
  16. Viva Voce – The Heat Can Melt Your Heart – Daylight
  17. U2 – ATYCLB b-sides – last night on earth (live from Mexico City)
  18. My Bloody Valentine – Isn’t Anything – loose my breath
  19. Over the Rhine‘Till We Have Faces – sea and sky
  20. New Order – (the best of) – Bizarre Love Triangle
  21. Kevin Max – The Imposter – stay
  22. The Innocence MissionBirds of My Neighborhood – follow me
  23. Bjork – Medulla – who is it
  24. U2 – Boy – out of control
  25. U2 – ATYCLB b-sides – don’t take your guns to town
  26. Sigur Ros – ( ) – track 6

9 comments:

shakedust said...

January can be a depressing month but the clear skies today help out quite a bit.

f o r r e s t said...

January is the worst!!!

Doc said...

How can January be the worst when its your birthday month?

f o r r e s t said...

It is the worst month because the magic of Christmas is over. This magic was full of activities that kept the cold month warm. But with January, it is back to school or back to work. The weather is usually it's coldest and we have our eyes set on spring. (Although this January has been on the warm side.)

It was January, 1963
When Johnny came home with a gift for me
He said I bought it for you because I love you
And I bought it for you because it's your birthday, too
He was so very nice, he was so very kind
To think of me at this point in time
I used to think of him, he used think of me
He told me to close my eyes
My gift would be a great surprise
I saw tears were in his eyes
He never meant to hurt me
Oh, God, Johnny, don't point that gun at me
There's so many ways our lives have changed
But please, I beg, don't do this to me
Johnny, don't point that gun at me
Can I save my life at any price?
For God's sake won't you listen to me?

f o r r e s t said...

Where are the Godwins?????
I haven't seen them in this neck of the woods for quite some time.

shakedust said...

Good question. They should be in Madrid shortly. That should lead to added potentia Internet connectivity.

GoldenSunrise said...

Happy Birthday, old timer! : )

f o r r e s t said...

thank you, thank you very much!

Dash said...

1/24 was a pretty lousy day .. and I thought it was just me!