Wednesday, January 11, 2006

10 of my (these are a few of my favorite things) from this Christmas season 2005


1. Christmas Movies

These are movies that I saw during this holiday season. First off we got the DVD Christmas with the Kranks. Nothing but bad reviews for this one, but I am a sucker for Christmas movies. It wasn't bad and we watched it with family on two occassions and it was a hit. Large groups of people laughing will make any movie funny. Vernal and I took Goose to see Polar Express in 3-D. Very cool and it was a good movie. Vernal and I also got the chance to go to the theater and see The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

2. U2 in St. Louis
What a fun trip with my sister and BB to see the best band in the world. It was also a nice treat stopping off in St. Charles to walk their historic mainstreet. I was all done up for Christmas. Very Nice!

3. Christmas Party at the Demerreeeeee's House

Vernal did a good job coming up with white elephant gifts.


One lucky person received a collection of Christian inspiration.

And another lucky person got a pair of Teva's and tube socks. Too bad Dash wasn't there.

4. Christmas in Bella Vista, Arkansas
We went down to have Christmas with my granparents a few days before the 25th. My parents and sister and her husband along with my Aunt and Uncle and there two boys were also there. We ate lots of food and took a couple of hikes at one of our favorite trails.

5. Office Christmas Party
Our office Christmas party this year was on the plaza at one of the office buildings with a nice balcony that over looked the lights. Very festive!
6. Looking at Christmas Light with the Family
Goose loves to point out Christmas lights. We would make long detours in the car to seek out good lights as we listened to Christmas music. The best was after the snowstorm when all was white.

7. The Twelve Days of Christmas
Twelve days - that is how many days I spent with the family away from work. From December 23rd to January 2 was my time off. I did absolutely nothing but spend time with family, extended family and work on ways to spend my Christmas money. I drank to much coke and ate way to unhealthy.

8. Christmas Eve
A tradition over at my parents house. We were joined by the whole WagJerCoe clan. Food and gifts and a lot of craziness. Goose and I went over early before everyone else showed up. I had a mug of egg nog and read Christmas books to Goose from my mom's collection over the years.

9. Christmas Day
Having the boys open their presents and then Vernal's family coming over later that morning. I think I napped on the sofa at some point in the afternoon. Later that evening we went over to the Jerbil's for another Christmas party.

10. Union Station and Crown Center
We made several trips down to Union Station/Crown Center over the Christmas season. It is one of my boys favorite places to go and they do Christmas right. It all started with meeting the Jer-Coe's at Union Station for the holiday sing-a-long. A conductor, orchestra, and choir led all who showed up in singing traditional Christmas carols. My boys loved the huge model train village set up on the east end and the free train ride around the huge Christmas tree on the north end. Each trip to Union Station involves a walk across the skywalk over to Crown Center. Santa also made a stop by Union Station on Rudy the Holiday Express train. We got to walk through several box cars that were decorated on the inside and out and see St. Nick at the same time. It was snowing that day!

6 comments:

shakedust said...

Looking back, it is amazing how much is fit into the month of December. I am enjoying a relaxing January right now. :)

f o r r e s t said...

No kidding! December flew by.

Achtung BB said...

U2 was definately the highlight of my X-mas

GoldenSunrise said...

Those tube socks and sandals crack me up! Wish we could have been there for the gift exchange.

f o r r e s t said...

Did you zoom in on the books. I am sure you'll recognize some as they have been give aways at church - too funny!

Stephanie said...

What a fun Christmas. I wish we lived closer to the Plaza area.