Tuesday, September 27, 2005

September2005

My latest mix of music is not one of my seasonal CD's. Since I have taken a year off, I have to catch up a bit over the last year. I am calling it September2005. It is a mix of big songs, maybe some of my favorites from the last year. It may not flow as well as my other mixes because every song is grand. There is not much change in mood - it is a constant high. Don't worry, I'll put out a proper Fall2005 in a month that will put you in the mood for walking through haunted woods, rainy days, and sweaters.

September2005 tracklisting:
(I hold the right to make any last minute additions and deletions...)

1. Coco Rosie - Noah's Ark
...two sisters with voices from the '40's on top of minimal electronics.

2. M83 - run into flowers
...french, electronic, wall of sound, uah uh...I wanna run into.

3. Starflyer 59 - good sons
...and its take such long time, long time...another perfect song...right, right, right?

4. Stars - ageless beauty
...canadian, female voice, noisey guitars, pop at its best...you will always be around.

5. Coldplay - talk
...a timeless guitar melody...and I wanna talk to you...dreamy, lush, and soaring...so you take a picture of something you see.

6. U2 - city of blinding lights
...ring those bells, edge...everything I love about u2...and I miss you when you're not...oh you look so beautiful tonight.

7. New Order - waiting for the sirens call
...what does this ship bring to me...synth, guitar, lead bass, desperate vocals = new order.

8. Gwen Stefani - the real thing
...synth, guitar, lead bass, Gwen Stefani = new order...i still love to have you around...electronic pop.

9. Moby - where you end
...i love you and your beautiful, you write your own songs...electronic pop.

10. the Lassie Foundation - money money
...everything is done right with the guitar, bass, drums, synth and voice...the money's gonna clean you out.

11. Death Cab for Cutie - your heart is an empty room
...repetitive acoustic, smooth voice, dreamy...burn it down till the ember smoke on the ground.

12. Arcade Fire - rebellion (lies)
...I love songs that build, drums and bass, the one note pounded on the piano...everytime you close your eye.

13. Joy Electric - rickety trickery
...old moog synth's...I have to make you realize...electronic pop at it's most bizarre and original.

14. Billy Corgan - mina loy
...noisy, repetitive, electronic, fuzzy guitar...can I give my old heart to you?

15. Interpol - not even jail
...driving beat, a wash of guitars and electronics...I promise to commit no acts of violence.

16. Pedro the Lion - a simple plan
...minimal guitar, bass, with happy drums over a depressing voice...people are working as hard as they should be.

17. Eisley - brightly wound
...i shall never grow up...sister voices, dual melodies, big chorus.

18. Sufjan Stevens - Chicago
...chamber folk, choir, bells, keys, trumpet, etc., lush, big, loud, quiet...you came to take us, all things go all things go, to recreate us.

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

I wish I was more into music. I don't even know how you find music that's not on the radio all the time. Pathetic, huh?

f o r r e s t said...

I don't even know how you find music that's not on the radio

...from friends like me.

Stephanie said...

I'm so glad that I have you.

f o r r e s t said...

I appreciate you too, sister cousin, but let's not get too mushy on this public forum. :)

Stephanie said...

It was mushy mixed with sarcasm, if that helps!

jordancia said...

haha... thanks for the comment. i didn't even see your blogspot, but that's so cool that you have one. haha.
and that's a sweet list... coldplay is great and death cab for cutie is too.
eisley will never die :-)
have an awesome day

f o r r e s t said...

Hey Georgie,
did you scroll down and see my pictures from the Coldplay show?
Thanks for stopping by.

jordancia said...

yes i did! Those are so awesome.
I like every one of them.