Wednesday, September 14, 2005

New Music

Somebody stop me quick. I picked up a few ablums in the last two weeks and I better curtail my spending before I face the wrath of Vernum Tempus. I need a break anyway because I have a lot of new music for my ears to enjoy.

Fall is just around the corner and these albums below will provide a great soundtrack to the upcoming season. The music is melancholy yet hopeful, dark but also beautiful.

Sigur Ros - Takk...

Rosie Thomas - If songs could be held

Coco Rosie - Noah's Ark

Denison Witmer - Are you a dreamer?

Joy Electric - The ministry of archers

Death Cab for Cutie - Plans

8 comments:

shakedust said...

The bands that I do know are definitely well-suited for autumn.

Anonymous said...

The smell of autumn is here. "Death cab for cutie" sounds very interesting.

Doc said...

So when will a new "mixtape" of autumnal music be gracing our ears?

f o r r e s t said...

I have a new on just about ready of new great songs throughout the last year to get caught up on.

and then a new autumn album will be on it's way.

Dash said...

ummmm is that a beastial daisy chain on the cover of Noah's Ark?

f o r r e s t said...

yeah, those animals are sick-o's. The artist should know that there were two of every kind.........kids these days.

shakedust said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that.

f o r r e s t said...

I am a fan of Album art and I have to admit that the coco rosie is not the best album artwork.

The sigur ros art is real nice and instead of coming in a jewel case it came in a hard back book binding without any pages. It feels nice in the hand.

I like the Joy Electric cover for it's simplicity and colors.

Vernal gave me her displeasure with the denison witmer artwork. the cover is a picture of knitted artwork. So I guess it depends if you like knitting, but the music and lyrics embrace that homespun ethic of the personal and family as there is a song praising his grandma.

The deathcab artwork is a little blah. I think the picture is too dark that you can't tell what it is suppose to be, especially in the jewell case as it reflects the light off of it. It looks much better on my site.

Rosie Thomas is a painting and bright green. I am indifferent.

Sigur Ros wins best of show. What do you think?