Thursday, April 28, 2005

Strange Behavior

Yesterday, I had the chance to witness odd behavior. Maybe there was something in the water or the temperature of the air was just right, but I saw some freaky things on my way home from work.

Incident #1:

I left my downtown office and am walking up the block to my car which is parked on a surface parking lot. It’s not really a surface parking lot, but rather the top deck of an under ground parking garage. It feels like a surface parking lot because it’s entrance is on street level and then the sidewalk drops off. I notice a twenty-something guy standing at the top of the concrete wall guard rail up ahead and as I walk buy him I said “hey.” He was just staring over the wall doing nothing. I noticed he had a beer in his hand. He seems like the kind of guy I would see in Westport, which is where I used to work. Westport is home to a lot clubs and eateries. Anyway, my instincts told me that something odd was happening and I started running scenarios in my head. I figured he was probably standing close to my car, so I wanted to be observant of what was going on to be ready and smart for when I entered the parking lot. Sure enough, he was standing right in front of my car really close to the wall. Why doesn’t he move? I am getting in my car now…I am turning on the engine…Aren’t you afraid I might forget to put the car in reverse and ram into you pinning your legs against the wall? He’s still not moving. I didn’t; I am backing up now and he’s finally walking away now. I look over to where he was and then it hits me (or should I say thank goodness it didn’t hit me.) Splatter that is. Yep, he was peeing and there was the stained concrete wet with urine streaming downward toward the nearest drain. Caught in the act! Next time go to the back of the lot, buddy.

Incident #2:

This was interesting and I still don’t know what to make of it. I am on 635 heading south going up the big hill towards Shawnee Drive. I hear the sputter of motorcycles ahead of me. They are loud. I see that there are two motorcycles, but they look like they are driving really close to each other. Maybe it is a weird perspective on my part, so I move over a couple of lanes and drive faster to see what is going on. It looks like they have their hands on each other bikes. I need to keep my distance, because this doesn’t look safe. I move back over a lane and speed by them. Yep, one guy had a hold of the others handle bars. Were they trying to tow? I looked in my review mirror and they had separated and one sped in front of the other and they both headed off the exit ramp. I don’t know what to make of that. Sometimes I’ll ask my wife to hold the wheel, if I need to take my jacket off. Maybe that was the case.

Now playing:
New Order – Waiting for the Sirens Call

6 comments:

roamingwriter said...

Ahh, the smell of the city. That je ne sais quoi, hint of urine. Did it remind you of subways in Europe?

On the other story, ask Darwin about his human trailer hitch experience.

shakedust said...

Maybe the guy was just emptying a water bottle. You never know.

f o r r e s t said...

A beer in one hand and a water bottle in the other. I don't think so.

Achtung BB said...

There's nothing more liberating than peeing in public

GoldenSunrise said...

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode. Maybe he couldn't find a restroom and was afraid of getting uromisotisis(sp?)poisoning.

windarkwingod said...

maybe other guy on motorcycle was peeing?