Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Motorcycles at work

I work in a new office with new people.
As I am getting to know these new people, I stumbled upon something.
A clue, a riddle into their life.
It says I have this other side of me that likes to ride motorcycles.
How did I find these clues?
It is quite obvious from these five or so people.
People who ride motorcycles like to let you know that they ride motorcycles.
At their desks, I see the usual plants, family pictures, birthday cards, college pride, etc.,
but then I see toy motorcycles or pictures of motorcycles.
I look at the non-motorcyle rider and I don't see pictures of their cars.

I guess if we are to be honest, we probably each have something at our desk to identify ourselves as someone who has another side and that we are not a mind-numbed drone.

However, I have been so busy working that I still haven't made my desk feel like home. The desk is empty, but covered with paper. I better do something quick before everyone sees me as boring.

What do you have?

2 comments:

windarkwingod said...

one time i had this old christmas ornament that became a static sculpture as people added sill-putty, pipe-cleaners, feathers, broken action figure limbs and stuff. it got to be pretty weird when it became too huge to work with. i tried to remove it from the top of my monitor and people reacted like i was dropping out of school ot something.... don't ever let others take ownership of your decor...

Dash said...

I wonder what it says about me that my desk is littered with used motivational slinkys and "team" awards - does that mean i have no life outside of work?