Sunday, April 24, 2005

Shopping for Clothes

I sort of need some new work clothes. Not badly, but I could be in the market for a new shirt or slacks. I always freeze up when I go looking for clothes. I think it is because I am so picky I don’t want to waste the other person’s time. I’d rather shop by myself. To be honest, I am bored with the choice of clothes. Sometimes, there are so many shirts to choose from that I can’t make a choice at all. I really don’t want to shop for ‘work’ clothes. I’d rather get a new pair of jeans and wear dark t-shirts with a nice belt and a good pair of kickers with a cool jacket on the side. That is my dress code. I call it the “American Classic.” It doesn’t involve much shopping or decision making and will never go out of style. So when I am at the Gap looking at all their spring shirts being all colorful and stripped and pink and bright, I go straight to the sale rack and find just what I am looking for: a long sleeve black button down shirt on sale for less than 15 dollars. Yeah, I know I already have one, but this one has black buttons; my other has white and the price is good. I also find some dark brown pants for under 20. I am looking in my closet right now and I don’t see any color. It is all black, navy, and dark brown. Maybe I should be your stereotypical rock star or architect, oh wait.

Forget clothes; let’s shop for music.

2 comments:

shakedust said...

I find that if I shop for colors, I later wear the colors with other colors that don't match. Sounds stupid, but that is what colorblindness does to me. As a result I have stuck by the trusty blue jeans and t-shirt combo for the last 15 years. It ain't always cool, but it matches.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.