Wednesday, April 20, 2005

The week of April 18th

This week I am listening to:

Starflyer 59 – the talking voice vs. the singing voice
Over the Rhine – drunkard’s prayer
Moby – hotel
The 77’s – sticks and stones
U2 – achtung baby
Slowdive – just for a day
The Lord of the Rings – BBC radio drama (at work)
Plus a random mix on my ipod.

I am reading:

The Restaurant at the End of the Universe – Douglas Adams
Searching for God Knows What – Donald Miller
The book of James
Paste Magazine

I have tickets for:

Keane (May)
Thomas the Tank Engine (July)
U2 (December)

4 comments:

windarkwingod said...

interesting... I kind of see a thread of interest, especially since we discuss some of it at Homer's. I like it when people post what they are listening to AND what they are reading, also the concert tickets also add interest.

f o r r e s t said...

Don't get me wrong. I'm not posting these lists because I think I am special, but rather to keep a record. I think it might be cool 10 years from now to look back to see if my musical tastes have changed, be reminded of what books I've read, etc. And if it sparks a discussion or curiosity about any music great. I think I could probably use recommendations on books.

Doc said...

How is the new Starflyer?

f o r r e s t said...

The new SF59 is beautiful, dark, sad, and lush. A great album for years to come.