Monday, June 26, 2006

215

Wow! Next week is the Fourth of July. It really snuck up on me, since we vactioned earlier this month. I am talking Monday off to get a nice 4 1/2 day weekend.

We are going to take a little family vacation. We are gonna visit my Grandparents in Arkansas for a couple of days and then head up to Branson and take the kids to Silver Dollar City for a couple of days.

Being in Branson give us and opportunity to do some research for Sunday School class as we view evangelicals in their vaction habitat...the gun aisle in Wal-Mart anybody???

Last night, Vernal and I scored a hotel for us to stay in for $40 a night through priceline.

-------------------------------------

The big thing we did this weekend was visit Powell Gardens outside of Kansas City. This years feature is Mazes. My dad is out of town so we took my mom (who loves to garden) with us. The highlight for the boys was the friend they met. He was a turtle who was crossing our path. I picked him up and put him in the grass and the boys ran circles around him. We enjoyed the architecture, looked at flowers, and ate a picnic lunch. It was warm and the sun wore us out so we all took naps when we got home. That is amazing because Ewe never takes a nap.

For dinner, I made some yummy steak fajitas. I have never made fajitas before.

Vernal needed to pick something up at Oak Park Mall, so we all went. Me and the boys hung out at the Toddler Area and eventually took a carousel ride and train ride.

------------------------------------------

Yesterday was all about mowing. I mowed our lawn and then I mowed my parent's lawn. (My dad is out of town for three weeks.) My parent's have a bigger lawn and it seemed bigger than I remember as a kid mowing every week. It's good exercise.

10 comments:

GoldenSunrise said...

SDC has a new kids area with rides like the teacup ride at Disney Land. I am not sure if they have it all complete yet.

Embrace the cheese!!! Don't forget to buy a bag of kettle corn.

Achtung BB said...

I occasionally work out towards Powell Gardens and always wanted to see it. By some astonishing concidence I made steak fajitas too.

f o r r e s t said...

G-
Yes, they have been advertising the new kids area on TV. I believe that it is open. I looked at the map online and it looks like a big area.

My favorite things to eat at SDC are a bag of kettle corn and one of those giant chocolate chip cookies. And then I usually get suckered in by some skillet. I want to eat everything when I am there.

f o r r e s t said...

double B-
mmmmmmmmmhhh, fajitas!

Powell Gardens is a good place to take your mom or grandma.

shakedust said...

Pay attention to where the pork rinds stand is at SDC when you go. That park is cruel to its pork rinds fans.

I think you know this, but there are few things I hate more than mowing my lawn. I have been happy that this dry weather has prevented the grass from growing.

f o r r e s t said...

cruel or funny?

I have been to SDC the past two years, so I think you are referring to the stand at the bottom of the steepest walk in the park.

Either that is a reward to who made it down or a real mean trick to those who are trudging their way back up with a bag of rinds. often you find them on the benches as they stop to rest and eat. The funnel cake stand is also at the bottom of the hill.

Stephanie said...

I've never been to SDC. We are going to have to try it soon. Were the mazes fun?

f o r r e s t said...

They mazes were okay. They were placed all over the place so we didn't participate in all of them.

Dash said...

SDC funnel cakes are the best. Don't forget to do the cave (the best "ride" in the park).

T, do you think it's time I told them all about dating the SDC heiress??

f o r r e s t said...

NO WAY!!!!

Oh yeah, I think it's time.