Monday, June 12, 2006

210 - this last weekend and the week before

  • Friday, June 2nd...return trip from Colorado. Left early to be home and pick up boys at 6:30. Later that night...Ewe, me, and my dad went to Old Shawnee Days to ride the ferris wheel and let Ewe play on some other "bouncy" attractions.
  • Saturday, June 3rd...took Ewe to the skate park in Roeland Park to ride his scooter after realizing that would be an awesome place to ride. The guy loves to ride.
  • Sunday, June 4th...the whole family went over to Baldwin City for a Day out with Thomas (the tank engine.) It's one big kid's festival with a train ride by Thomas.
  • Later that night, we had a big family dinner at my parents house.
  • Monday - Thursday...work week, not much action, back to the grind. Except on Thursday, I got to hang out with my buddies at Homer's.
  • Friday, June 9th...the start of a busy weekend. 6pm-rehearsal and dinner at church for J-bird's wedding. Vernals role: Bridesmaid. My role: videographer.
  • Later that night, about 9ish...over the the Jerbil's house for a late start on J. Jerbil's suprise party for his 30th birthday. My mom was home with the kids, so we stayed out 'till about midnight. I loved it. Fun party.
  • Saturday, June 10th...all day wedding activities. Verna had to be at the church by 10:15 and I was to be there at noon to film some pre-wedding activities. There was a lull during pictures so I got to read a lot from the book I had brought. I think we were home by 7pm, reunited with our boys and put them to bed.
  • Later that night, we crashed and the couch and watched Firewall and about midnight, I started preparing the Sunday School lesson.
  • Sunday, June 11th...went to church in the morning...picked up some furniture in my dad's truck (my dad is in Russia) for my mom...we all went to see the movie Cars - real good movie and the "short" was hilarious.
  • Later that night, the weather was cooling down and I mowed the lawn for the first time in two weeks.

3 comments:

windarkwingod said...

Had to catch-up on your posts. Graphics were awesome and kept me longing for that state next to Kansas! Glad you guys had fun...

shakedust said...

You really didn't slow down once you got back, did you?

f o r r e s t said...

No, we kept pretty busy and I hit it hard during the next week and I still feel like I am trying to catch up on sleep.