Monday, June 05, 2006

205 - Vacation, Sunday, Day 2, May28th

Today was all about taking it easy. We slept in for as long as we could. We tried to take advantage of sleeping as much as we could on this trip.

We went out to eat breakfast at the Sunshine Cafe in Silverthorne. The Sunshine Cafe is a breakfast only place very much like a First Watch.

From there, we went out to explore the local surroundings and towns. First we went to the marina at Dillion Lake and walked along the shore. Then we drove up to Keystone and then over to Breckenridge. We stopped at Breckenridge's Main Street and walked along the shops. From there we drove into Frisco to get some supplies for the week at Wal-Mart and Safeway.

We got back to the Moose Lodge and put away the gorceries. I called a rafting company and made reservations for a rafting trip the next day. We ate lunch and then took a guilt-free Sunday afternoon nap.

Later that night, we saw Mission Impossible 3 at the theater in Dillion. I can't remember the last time that we saw a movie together at the theater...very enjoyable.

3 comments:

shakedust said...

Are you creating these pages that you are scanning as you go, or have you completed the scrapbook already? You're on the ball.

I haven't had kids wake me up early in the morning yet, so at this stage I wouldn't call it sleeping in if you were able to eat breakfast. :)

f o r r e s t said...

The pages from my travel journal are all complete. I journal every night before I go to bed.

I guess sleeping in is relative to each individual. Would it be clearer if I said that we went out for breakfast food. I was in the mood and eating good breakfast food is not something I get to do often.

GoldenSunrise said...

Cool journal pages. It is probably easier to make them each night rather than trying to remember back later.