Wednesday, May 03, 2006

April showers forth music

April was a busy month for music and a cheap one. I didn't spend more than $10 dollars on an album. Also, because I won a cash prize at work to help compensate and I redeemed a gift certificate.

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe special 2-disc version.
Okay, so this is not music, but I am still watching the special features. I was going thru special feature withdrawel ever since I watched all of the Return of the King 4-disc version. It is good to see that the crew at Weta is still doing their thing. I also missed New Zealand.

The Flaming Lips - At War with the Mystics
I got this albums with some of the prize money I won.

Over the Rhine - Live from Nowhere volume 1
I pre-ordered this album back in December. The band was going to tape some of their Christmas shows and release a live album. It is an independent release, so once it's gone - it is gone.
Morrissey - Ringleaders of the Tormentors
I used the rest of my prize money to buy this one.

Ladytron - Witching Hour
I used an iTunes gift certificate to buy this one.

Imogen Heap - Speak for Yourself
I picked up this album because I was curious and it was dirt cheap.

This month I read Blink by Ted Dekker. Seminole, thanks for the loan. It was a good read and we have already discussed a bit about the book. It is easy to have faith when you can see possible futures, but when that gift is lost, do you loose faith in the one who can change futures?

4 comments:

shakedust said...

Wow, not bad on the budget this month.

f o r r e s t said...

Yes, yes, yes, I know my monthly recaps always bring on lots and lots of comments. so fire away!

Which is your favorite album? Or which artwork do you like the best?

shakedust said...

Artwork: Imogen Heap. Someone else will have to give their opinions on the music (BB).

windarkwingod said...

I'm in the market for Ted Dekker and the Flaming Lips new one gets my attention.