Thursday, May 25, 2006

200 - here it is!

I have been hanging on to this post for a few days. I don't know why? Like is it more special than number #123? So, I am getting it out there and over with. I haven't been posting a lot lately. It's not really lack of material (because I've never had good material), but of being busy and not having much time. I have been more busy than normal, because (1) we are going on vacation this weekend and we need to get ready, (2) all the stuff I need to get done at work before I leave, and the most important reason (3) is all the 2-hour season finales that I tape and watch at 10 pm. I am glad that a lot of my shows are now over, so that I'll have lots of free time this summer.

So, here it is - Post #200 and my ridiculous gift to you is some temporary office sculpture around my desk. Enjoy!

A Sharpie cap, a paper clip, and a screw. The key was to attach them all in a way so that the paper clip cantilevers assymetrically and does not touch the desk nor fall over.

In the office there are all sorts of people - skinny ones, fat ones, bald ones, the yes men, the suits and ties, and the eccentrics. Taking a group photo for marketing purposes is always fun.

Plastic and steel, light and shadows, movement and stillness.

Maybe for the group photo, we can have everyone look up. This way, we eliminate the double chins.

10 comments:

T said...

Congrats on 200. Cool pictures too! :) So you've been busy huh? :) Are you "ever really busy?" :) :) :)

f o r r e s t said...

Usually not. But with so much to get done before we leave, I feel a little overwhelmed.

shakedust said...

That group photo from above is hilarious. I was noticing double chins on the white out marketing individual in the first picture.

How long did that take to set up?

GoldenSunrise said...

Is that an exacto-knife standing in the back of the last picture? You should watch out for him. He doesn't have his cap on.

f o r r e s t said...

Yes, the exacto-knife is a bit of a back stabber. We all need to watch out for them in the office.

I set those guys up during one afternoon. I'd do one and then work a bit and put a couple more up and continue working and so on.

Dash said...

I just threw out all of the pens and assorted scribbling tools that I was storing in my Father's day cup from the church last year.

The gal in the cubicle next to me left a box of pop tarts and a box of microwave popcorn in her cabinet before going out on disability. These are apparently the two main food groups for a Citi-Mouse.

The good folks in the facilities group have carried out 6 of them on glue traps in the last 3 days. They've all been caught next door, but I found popcorn in my overhead cabinet (aparently my cube is the the citi-mouse equivelant of Branson). Needless to say, I've thrown away everything that I could and sprayed lysol and desk cleaner everywhere.

And in case you wondered .. nothing is creepier than watching a mouse the size of a Big Mac stopping on his way up a cube wall to look at you as if to say. .... "I told you honey, we should've gone to Disneyland - this place is boring"

Dash said...

btw .... word verification is currently: myexjew.

That's funnier than my whole comment.

windarkwingod said...

You captured something in that group photo. I'm not sure how you did it... but they are now personalities and no longer tools.

We have been busy and will be out again next week for a shoot. I currently have a can of beans, silly putty, a bag of tea, my Bible, and an X-Men figure Roamer got in a happy-meal guarding it all.

roamingwriter said...

Yeah, you have to watch those recordings before you go on vacation, they might get stolen or something while you're gone. Very prudent.

Stephanie said...

you've proved it, we never really are "really busy"