Saturday, May 27, 2006

202 - the presentation

I have been busy this week at work in preparation for a presentation that we gave yesterday. I had to come up with a design for a new look on these exterior apartments that we are converting to condo's.

Talking with the client/owner earlier, it seemed the wanted to go with and Art Deco style since there are a few existing details that speak that language. I studied and did my research and came up with a solid design. I ended up creating a 3-d computer model of the buildings that my boss wanted to bring on his laptop to show the owners.

So we walked a few blocks to the meeting. We took the elevator up to the 27th floor and set up in the conference room with a spectacular view of downtown. Soon all the big wigs came in and I was walking them through the design that was projected onto the screen.

They loved it. We knocked their socks off. One lady was really excited because the existing building is pretty ugly and didn't think we could do much for it's appearance. My boss was happy because I created this 3-d model (which we don't do as much as we should-so I impressed him with new technology) that portrayed the design in a way that everyone was able to understand and it also happened to be an efficient use of my time.

I'm just glad this stressful week ended on a positive note and thankful for the opportunities to do the design on these little projects. I did not get this type of experience at my former place of employment.

1 comment:

shakedust said...

The places you'll go. The people you'll see.

It is cool when something you create is appreciated by a client. I get that on occasion, but not on that level.