Thursday, February 23, 2006

President’s Day Weekend 2006 – part III

Monday, February 20th

I really didn’t sleep well on this trip. Lack of oxygen – breathing slows down during sleep and the result would be a minor head ache in the morning. Also, my mind would be racing as I would go to bed and my body felt like it was going through the motions of snowboarding. Anyway, I didn’t sleep well Sunday night, so I got up early after my dad woke up and took his shower. I got up, took some headache medicine, jumped in the shower, got dressed, and packed up for the trip home. By this time everyone else was getting up and showered. We all packed up our stuff for the trip home and then went to a place for breakfast. I believe the place we ate at was Sunshine Café. There is another story to tell about our breakfast, but I’ll save that for another time when I can provide pictures. Back at the Moose Lodge, we loaded the van and said our goodbyes to Doc and headed home. More movies, music, and conversation for the trip home with several stops along the way for gas, potty, and food (which included Taco Johns in Goodland, Ks.) I think we made it home before 10pm.

Tuesday, February 21st

I took this day off in case we got back super late the night before. I decided not to go into work anyway. I got to sleep in until 10am in my comfy bed. In the afternoon, I took the boys to the park, while Vernal got a steam cleaner to clean our carpet in the house. When her work was done, we picked her up and went out for pizza at Papa Keno’s. I was craving pizza. Yum!

5 comments:

shakedust said...

The new rule is that I read your posts after I eat. Now I want pizza and potato oles.

On another note, does having kids make you use the word "potty" more? :)

f o r r e s t said...

You know, I think I have always used the word potty - even before kids. I think it is more polite and still humorous than using the word 'pee.'

f o r r e s t said...

btw, I got a potato ole bravo. Nacho cheese, meat and beans, on a bed of potato oles. MMMMM!

GoldenSunrise said...

What an awesome weekend! I enjoy going to new restaurants when I am on "vacation."

Stephanie said...

the steak restaurant seems like the best part of the trip. I wanted to post a picture of the bruise magrelo obtained, but he wouldn't let me. One swollen butt cheek is comedy. Going back to work with guys who like to smack your butt- not comedy for anyone but the smackers...