Wednesday, February 22, 2006

President’s Day Weekend 2006 – part I

I have been away for a while, so here is a quick rundown of this last weekend. (in parts)

Thursday, February 16th

Rock music – a good way to start off a little vacation time… I hadn’t been to a show since U2 in December, so I had been itching to see some music. BB and I went to see the Violet Burning who were in town. The usual venue that they play at has closed down, so it appeared that they played at some friend’s house in the basement. It was more of a private show that opened to a few people in the public. I had to email and reserve a spot to the host. Needless to say, I had never done that before. It was a bit strange, but the violets were as good as ever. After the show, I came home a packed up for a weekend of snowboarding in the Colorado Rockies.

Friday, February 17th

I worked until noon and then went home and loaded up the car. The family drove me over to my dad’s house were I met up with my dad, bro-in-law, and cousin-in-law. We had rented a van with a DVD player. We hit the road and drove west on I-70 until we came to Silverthorne. I think we left about 1:30-2pm and got in at 12:30-1am. We stayed at Doc’s place in Silverthorne. We have come to call it “Moose Lodge” because everywhere you look is some sort of moose decoration. The weather across Kansas was bitterly cold. We stopped for dinner in Russell, Ks at the Golden Coral. An all you can eat buffet for 4 guys sounds like a good idea, but after a couple of trips you realize that all the food is crap. Music up front and movies in the back make the trip go by quickly.

1 comment:

shakedust said...

Travelling with DVDs would be soooo much cooler than my typical trip KS or MO.