Monday, February 13, 2006

Friday 10Feb2006

I love it when certain events fall into place for my half-day Friday’s. This Friday was such. I am always looking for activities for Goose and I to do or any combination of the four of us (for that matter.)

Goose has an excellent memory. He’ll hold you too any idle promises. (be careful!) So before I left for work Friday morning, I told him that I would be back home at lunchtime and that we were going to do something fun, “it is going to be a surprise.” (It is safe to leave things as a surprise in case the specific doesn’t work out.) I was planning on taking him to see Curious George. I had seen the advertisements on TV and thought he would probably enjoy that movie.

Sure enough when I came home from work and opened the garage door, his head was peaking out of the door into the house. His first words to me were “dad, what is the surprise?” I explain to him that we are going to the movie theater also called cinema to see a movie – Curious George.

Goose is only 3 and this was his third time to the movies. His first movie we took him to was maybe last June when the Winnie the Pooh - Heffalump Movie came out. His second movie was Polar Express in 3D at an Imax theater last November.

We caught the matinee show and Goose has come to expect popcorn at movies. We had popcorn at Polar Express. I should have made some at home, but instead we got the kids pack. It keeps him occupied during the movie. It can be difficult for a 3 year old boy to stay still for an hour or so. He did well, though. After picking the last row up top to sit in, he decided during previews that he’d rather movie to the row in front of us. We stayed at that spot for the rest of the show.

I found Curious George enjoyable for a kid’s movie and the music of Jack Johnson was terrific. He’ll probably win a Grammy next year for his original songs for a film.

On the way home, we came to an intersection where there was some construction going on. I pulled into the parking lot right in front of two diggers digging a huge hold to install some new underground pipes. Goose loves construction vehicles and the diggers were both active. We watched until quittin’ time at 3 o’clock.

We then went home and put on our swimming suits and headed over the indoor swimming pool in our community center.

Later that night, Vernal and I went up to the church where they were hosting a fondue for two for the young adult couples. The people who put this on did a really good job in all their preparations and service all at an affordable price. I am not sure that I thanked them enough for the good time that we had.

4 comments:

shakedust said...

You're half-fridays are too awesome. I'm not jealous.

I don't think I thanked them either. The fondue night was very good.

GoldenSunrise said...

The smell of hot oil still lingers on our dirty clothes from the fondue party. It was a fun time though.

I kinda want to see Curious George too.

Stephanie said...

The fondue was a fun time. I want half Fridays.

gigi said...

rock-on verna...