Wednesday, July 13, 2005

The Taste of Summer


Every season has a flavor and I have realized that the flavor for the summer for Vernal and I has been the Root Beer Float.

We usually get ourselves a treat on Friday night for the two of us to enjoy after the kids have been put to bed and as we get ready to watch a movie. It feels like our choice for the past six or so weeks has been a 2 liter of A&W root beer and vanilla ice cream. The combination is magical.

Last night wasn't Friday, but we still had leftovers, so I treated myself.

Long live the Root Beer Float.

9 comments:

shakedust said...

I just realized that I could really go for a root beer float about now.

Dash said...

When I was growing up, my folks had frosted mugs that were made to be put in the freezer. The old A & W Jingle about it having that frosty mug taste always meant more to me because I knew exactly what they were talking about.

Now the mugs are at my house; but they are much more likely to be used for Vernor's GingerAle.

windarkwingod said...

Its hot here and I want one BAD!

f o r r e s t said...

Frosty mugs are the best...

roamingwriter said...

I enjoy root beer floats and hadn't thought about them in ages. Now I can'at have one! No root beer, dr pepper/pibb to be found here. No diet with lime or cherry either, favorites for me.

f o r r e s t said...

Sorry! I didn't mean to torture the new spaniards.
Darwin is inventive, I am sure he'll come up with a cool refreshing concoction. (sp?)

Jadee said...

Ahh...my fav flavor for the summer has been frozen custard from Silky's. (We don't have a Sheridan's over here yet) I even made a stop there yesterday...vanilla with brownie-no syrup though. I have even gotten to buying a quart of vanilla and a quart of chocolate to take home!

kelly said...

wow. that looks so good right now!! cute blog!

f o r r e s t said...

Ahh!!
Frozen custard is good. We went to Sheridan's last night. Goose scraped up his nose in the playground at church, so we left early. Nothing like ice cream to take away the pain.

To the new visitors:
Thank you for the nice words...