Monday, July 18, 2005

phantom glasses

(I think most of my friends don’t wear glasses, so I don’t know if they’ll be able to relate.)

I think I split my time wearing glasses and contacts about 50/50. I love my glasses. They are a dark brown plastic and I have had them for about 5 or 6 years. I have been wearing them for a long time and I am used to the feel of them on my face. Being plastic, they don’t have the little rubber grippers that hold to your nose. Since it is just plastic, they often slide down my nose a little and I push them back up with my forefinger.

The weird thing is on days when I am wearing contacts; I often get the phantom sensation that my glasses are slipping down my nose and I will try to push them back up – but nothing is there…..spooky! And this usually happens during social situations…..nerdy!

3 comments:

windarkwingod said...

You guys will thin me sick, but glasses are a sublime fashion statement (modelo machisimo). I haven't had to wear them. My father wears them at times. I like to pick out the types I would wear. Saw some guy in Atoche Station with his family. His frames were like yours but the back part of the frame that faced his cheeks were a transparent orange color that reflected light. Cool! BTW - I touch my nose for different reasons - usually crusties on my noseholes.

GoldenSunrise said...

I don't have contacts, but I don't always wear my glasses either. Sometimes I push up my glasses when they aren't slipping. Just a nervous habit.

Clark Kent in Superman always pushed up his glasses. I have a visual of Christopher Reeves doing the nerdy habit.

T said...

Yeah, I can't see without my glasses, so I have them on almost all the time. I have the rubber grippers by I still find myslef playing with my glasses, especially the ones I have now because they are not a perfect fit so they move easily. I am sure I would do the phantom thing if I did contacts again.