Tuesday, July 19, 2005

inventory of summer music

A friend (acquaintance) of mine from New York sent me an email last week. He knows that I am a music fan so his question was simple: “By the way, listening to any new music?”

That is the one question that I love to answer and talk about. BB (who has good taste in music) and I have had many long conversations about our enjoyment of music….and I am sure that we probably bore Dash, Dust, and Darwin when we get going. Doc can handle a lengthy conversation on music also.

Anyway this is the new music of my summer, so far:

Sufjan StevensIllinois
Erin Mckeown – We will become like birds
Bill Mallonee – Dear Life
Bill Mallonee – Hit and Run
Bill Mallonee – Friendly Fire
Billy Corgan – The Future Embrace
Joy Electric – Workmanship 7”
Coldplay – X&Y
Elkland – Golden
Starflyer 59 – Never Play Covers
Starflyer 59 – The talking voice vs. the singing voice
Over the Rhine – Drunkard’s Prayer
New Order – Waiting for the Sirens call

5 comments:

shakedust said...

If I start to get bored, I usually try to liven things up a little.

"Billy Corgan? Wasn't he the singer for Smashing Watermellons. Or was it Blind Pumpkin?"

f o r r e s t said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
f o r r e s t said...

Dust,
I think you are referring to Hulk Hogan...

Achtung BB said...

How was that new Bill Mallonee? I remember Bill told me that I could have a copy from someone who bought it.

f o r r e s t said...

I believe he said you could borrow my copy and if you liked it you could order it online....but I have no control of what happens once I let you borrow it...when would you like it?