Monday, December 19, 2005

U2 at St. Louis - Part 3 (Thursday and the trip home)

We slept in a bit and when I finally got up, BB was long gone on his way back to KC. Lou and I packed everthing up and headed out for the day.

This is the Hotel we stayed out. For breakfast, we walked a couple of blocks over to a starbucks. I love Egg Nog Latte. but she got a Gingerbread Latte and it was yummy.
Across from our hotel the new Busch stadium is under construction.

We headed over the the City Museum to check it out. This is definitely a place that Goose and Turkey would love. We'll have to come back.

[city museum]
We then went over to Guido's Pizzeria on The Hill for lunch. I had to have some St. Louis style pizza before we left.
We left St. Louis and stopped in St. Charles to check out their historic Main street. It was a neat little area and it was all decked out for Christmas. My mom would have a good time here.

Even though this street is a real old historic street, it seemed to have a fairytale quality to it.


We lost track of time. 3:00- time to head backt to Kansas City.

10 comments:

shakedust said...

Cool mini-vacation! I am amazed at how much cool stuff there is to do in St Louis, actually.

GoldenSunrise said...

Did you buy any Christmas gifts along the way? Sounds like a fun road trip.

Stephanie said...

I'm so glad you hit city museum! Goose and Turkey would love it!

f o r r e s t said...

Golden, I didn't buy any Christmas gifts, but I did get something Christmasy for the house.

f o r r e s t said...

Oh yeah, Seminole. Thursday night I was having these weird dreams about the city museum. I was in one of the airplanes with all that climbing gear all over them on the doors and wings, but this air plane was actually flying and this guy climbs outside and looses his grip on one of the rungs and falls to his death. I watched him slip and I looked at the three ladies and asked if he belong to any of them. One woman said "he's my husband" and was shaking her head like she knew he was going to fall because he is always clumsy, so it finally caught up with him. And then I woke up.

windarkwingod said...

U2! I was actually thinking about you guys and the upcoming concert... I remember that you said you would have to wait! P.S. I'm not dead - just in hibernation until 2006 when I can get a line. I came real close to getting a dial-up this week, but the phone company fell through once again...

Stephanie said...

Your dream is hilarious! Magrelo did not like the outside climbing slinky stuff. He's not a big fan of heights.

MsMayhem said...

I am so jealous that you saw U2!! You rock!! Merry Christmas Seminole's rockin cousin Forrest!!!

Jadee said...

YES! St. Louis IS cool! I keep telling T and Dash this...but they insist that I should consider moving to OPK...lol!

My boys LOVE the City Museum...and I can't believe you actually took the time to come down to Historic St. Charles! I live only 2 mins from Main Street. :)

f o r r e s t said...

I wish I had more time in the historic St. Charles. We started at one end and were going through every shop and then realized that it it a pretty long street, so we rushed it and I don't think we saw it all. It would have been nice to stop for coffee or a diner and enjoy the atmosphere. They provide a nice christmas setting.