Monday, December 12, 2005

My visit to Narnia

I love ideas and images. That is why I have always liked the Chronicals of Narnia books. How brilliant of an idea was it for a little girl hiding in a wardrobe among the fir coats to brush up against something prickly and step on something crunchy and then realize that you are amonst the pines in a snowy land? As a little kid, you half-way believe the story is true and hope that you might one day find yourself in this different land.

I always loved the image of the lamp post in the snowy wood. It is one of those great literary images that at the mere mention of the lamp post everyone knows what you are talking about.

The other night I saw the lamp post in the snowy wood.

4 comments:

meredithia said...

oooh. Did you like the movie? I really want to see it, but I have a few finals to contend with first...

meredithia said...

and you should get the "dfa holiday mix 2005" that's the name of this new song I just got on itunes. It's actually a whole electronic mix, almost 48 minutes worth of little beats for only 99 cents! I'm a fan! What I've listened to so far sounds like good study music, and it's lyric-less like the boards of canada.

f o r r e s t said...

Yes, I did enjoy the movie! It is one of those movies that I have to let soak in for a couple of days. And now I would like to see it again. The four kids where great!

I always like to have some sort of reward for the end of finals. A movie walls always a nice way to celebrate.

Stephanie said...

We loved the movie. My Monkey sat on the edge of his seat the entire time with his mouth hanging open, so I think he liked it too.