Friday, December 09, 2005

Crazy Week is now over...and my mind can't make a complete thought

The last few weeks I have been buckling down at work to finish a project that goes out today. So please forgive, my friends, if I haven't visted and posted on your sites as much as I usually do whenever I have a small break here and there throughout the day.

It is noonday now. The project is all but complete for today's deadline except for printing and delivery of the drawings. I had to pace myself and spend a few extra hours at night to complete. I am not a great multi-tasker, so most of my thinking and mind has been getting this done and as a result other things get put on hold. Like now, I can really focus on the christmas season and christmas shopping. Vernal is a great multi-tasker. She can clean the entire kitchen and decorate a cake in a 20 minute phone conversation. For me, I have to stop what I am doing to talk on the phone and find a dark quiet spot to talk.

I guess I am saying that I have put this whole blog thing on a somewhat hold during this time of busyness. Part of that reason is that we don't have high speed internet at home. If we did, then I might be tempted to get on at night and download a bit. Also, if we had high speed at home, you might see a whole lot more of Vernal here in this forest of online friends. (in this cold weather, I think we are all waiting for the vernal equinox.) I am seriously thinking about it now. I think I will check it out and see how much it cost. It is about time for us to wake up to the new millenium.

Back to the multi-tasker thing...On second thought there are times when I do excell at juggling a few items. It is just that I also prioritize and give all my attention to one thing when I choose to. And maybe sometimes, I want to take life a little bit easier until I get bored and need to busy it all up. Hmmm...on that note we are closing in on the middle of December and I haven't even thought about Christmas cards, nor do I want to at the moment. I usually enjoy making orignal cards every year, but I don't want to be stressed out by it with so many other things going on. We decided not to do Christmas cards this year. Maybe next year. (why ruin a fun thing?)

I got to focus on my trip to St. Louis to see U2 next week.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Welcome Back!

Be careful of the highspeed internet. Once you do it, you can never go back!

shakedust said...

I understand being too busy to comment or post. This is my first time commenting on other peoples' posts in three days. It feels like I've been away forever.

T said...

I'm still here! I can't go shopping, so I am trying to decide how and when to send dash out for stuff. Now that I could go shopping while the kids are in school, I was actually looking forward to it this year. Oh well. Don't know what we'll do for Christmas cards? Everything is up to dash and his schedule....so if you don't get one from us....MERRY CHRISTMAS from the Franklin's!

(how's that for multi tasking!)

dwhitey said...

missed you forrest. good to have you back. i hope the project was a success! i haven't been writting that many posts either, but my business is created from hunting a lot, as there is a 12 day deer season that just ended yesterday.

i will miss your christmas card! we are finally going to do one after two years of not. Caden is 2.5 years old (any corrilation?!)