Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Why Blog?

My response to Dirt Road's question on why we blog:

With the upcoming departure of my good friend Darwin and his wife, Roamer, I felt a sadness of losing another friend. I don't know if it is a guy thing, but I am horrible about staying in touch with good friends when distance seperates us. Doc is my only friend from high school that I stay in touch with on a regular basis, but it has been tough with him being out of town so much these last couple of years. I have so many college friends that I lost touch with, too. I realize this is partially my fault, I could make the effort.

So this blog thing is my effort. I don't like to talk on the phone and I am not to good at letters via mail or email. I don't want to lose anymore friends.

I think it is working. Doc is in Washington state and and I get to read about his activities and I assume he is reading about mine. I hope Darwin and Roamer will keep this up when they are in Spain.

I think it is strengthening my friendships that I have with all my Homer's buddies, but I am also learning what great wives they have too!

I also use this as a tool to document life (my life) with words that I may come back someday and read. I also hope I can become a better writer. I love words. When Darwin tries he can blow you away with his words.

3 comments:

windarkwingod said...

Boom!

Doc said...

Ditto.

roamingwriter said...

Writing is like a muscle the more you use it the easier it is to do. And what a great benefit - we all get to see what is going on in each other's heads.