Wednesday, May 25, 2005

R I I I I I S E

Two things:

  1. Vernal and I saw Star Wars Monday night.
  2. I have been fighting a cold.

We had Grandma come over to watch the kids and off we were to see Star Wars. I know Dust was talking about the nerds on Wednesday nights. You should have seen Vernal. She is not a huge fan or anything, but a few weeks ago she picked up a Japanese Star Wars shirt at a thrift store. She found it in the boys section. She wore it to the movie. It only occurred to me later that I should have asked her to braid her hair into cinnamon buns on the side of her head. Anyway, I love the part in the movie when Lord Sidious tells Lord Vadar to “RISE.” His voice has a deep, guttural throaty sound. With my cold, I have been loosing my voice and I discovered yesterday that if I relax my throat and say “RISE” that I sound just as evil as Lord Sidious. Goose thought it was funny and was cracking up every time I did that until I started saying his NAME with that voice. He ran away with fear and trembling.

I think us guys like it when we can do cool things with our voice.

3 comments:

Dash said...

Next you'l have to start a band with "The Man Voice" yarllllll!!! ... Jeremy Spoke In ... Spoke In ... yarllll!!!!!
hooot ... hooot .. hoot ... hoot.

YARLLLLL!!!!!!

windarkwingod said...

I saw a show in Marine Corps Drill sergeants. They would scream at the recruits until their voices blew out, and they kept at it until a new, deeper/warped voice would emerge, never to go away. They all sounded like James Earl Jones - some with hick accents. RR I I I SSEEE maggots!

shakedust said...

When I tried doing weird voices as a kid I got the same reaction that kids get when they make faces.

"Be careful or your voice might stay like that."