Wednesday, August 22, 2007

280 - whoops

Last Christmas, I had talked about redoing our master bathroom. Such thoughts included a new tile floor, new cabinet and countertop to replace our current sink, fix a couple spots on the ceiling, and figure out if there is a way to replace the shower with a tub and shower. It's not a large bathroom, so the tub thing might not work.

Now I have the chance to put those idle thoughts into action.

The other night, I was going to do a quick repair on the faucet. The water was not coming out quite right. The spray was not uniform. I was going to loosen the nozzle and clean it out. I ended up braking the nozzle off. Our sink and faucet is now out of comission. It would be easy to replace just the faucet and continue on as normal but...

now I have the opportunity to do the whole thing. The only problem is...
  • can we wait?
  • this isn't the best timing with the extra busyness of a new child.
  • do we have the funds?
  • and I sorta like to plan things out before I jump into something.
  • can I do it? Sure. It shouldn't be that difficult. I can get help from my dad and there are how-to books and the internet. No problem.

Oh well, I guess I'll start exploring and pricing things out. Wish me luck.

10 comments:

shakedust said...

Good luck. You'll come up with a good decision I am sure. I understand wanting to take the time to plan things out.

I had plans of completely renovating our bathroom about a year ago as well. Now, I am planning two much more minor phases that will (hopefully) initiate next summer.

Achtung BB said...

I've always admire people that can "do it themselves". Unfortuately, I'm not one of those people.

GoldenSunrise said...

Good luck. Hope it works out. Dust, I thought we were going to initiate the bathroom renov.this December? : )

shakedust said...

er, um, yeah.

Portland wawa said...

Our new house has newly remodeled bathrooms, good news for bb.

T said...

Yeah, dash LOVES to redo bathrooms! :) You should compare notes sometime!

Doc said...

I probably shouldn't tell you about my friend who attempted an "easy" bathroom remodel. Over a year later he was still using the basement bathroom because the upstairs one was still in transition.

Doc said...

The moral of the story is no matter how you do it, just get it done!

f o r r e s t said...

I am going for the quick fix by replacing the faucet ($18) to buy me more time to propery design and plan the bathroom.

roamingwriter said...

Yeah, the planning will pay off no doubt. Scarry to jump in all of a sudden!