Saturday, January 20, 2007

256 - December Books

The Promise by Ted Dekker
I picked this book up earlier this summer at a bookshop in Branson for 2.99. I like his other books, so why not a Christmas tale. It is a short story, one that you can read in15-30 minutes, and it is also ilustrated. It is the story of an orphaned mute boy set at the time of Baby Jesus' birth. Overall, it was a little too sappy and hokey for my liking. Oh well!


A Series of Unfortunate Events
The Miserable Mill and the Austere Academy by Lemony Snickets
I guess I am slowly reading this series of kids books. Well actually, they are quick reads, but I am taking my time on finishing the series. These were the 4th and 5th books in the series of 13. They are fun little reads. Not much to say about them.

5 comments:

shakedust said...

We watched the Lemony Snickets movie not long ago. Glad I saw the movie, but I may have a hard time getting through the books.

f o r r e s t said...

I can't imagine you having a hard time getting through the books since they are written for kids.

BTW, the movie takes elements from the first three books and rearranges the sequence of events. So, it is really different from how the books played out. The movie does have the best ending credits.

roamingwriter said...

I just finished a biography by Mary Higgins Clark one of my favorite authors. Light but pleasant. I felt like I'd hung out with her and missed her when it was over.

f o r r e s t said...

I have not read her. Do you have any recommendations?

Achtung BB said...

I actually read a Mary Higgins Clark. Not my favorite author but still good. Where's Dec. music?