Monday, January 08, 2007

255 - November book

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling.

I was really looking forward to reading this book. I just finished up a heady book on theory and architecture with Looking Around, so I was ready for something fun.

Ready the Harry Potter books are like going on vacation to a familiar area. I had the book a few weeks prior to when I was able to read it...the anticipation was building and I was ready to return to this land with known characters and sites and see what unknown bumps may be in the road.

Overall, it was a pretty good trip. I think it was the longest of them all. Harry, though, does seem to be getting a bit whiny...very misunderstood, but communication skills are something he needs to improve on.

5 comments:

shakedust said...

Maybe he's whiny and maybe he just likes to gripe but is misinterpreted. :)

Some day I need to read through that series. Too much of a commitment now, though.

Dash said...

As I mentioned tonight, many of the fans consider "the blue blook" to be the whiny-ist and their least favorite ... I agree.

Dust, It is a bit to tackle all at once ... I only got through the 2nd and 3rd books because I was out of work. By that time I was caught up and could handle a book every other year or so.

If you have any road trips in the future ... I recommend the audio version read by Jim Dale. It was scarry how similar his characterizations matched the voices in my head.

Stephanie said...

I've never read the Harry Potter books, but I have that on my "list of things to do after I graduate".

Did you ever read three?

I didn't get it done, so it will have to wait until Spring Break now. :(

f o r r e s t said...

I am reading Thr3e right now.

roamingwriter said...

So I'm guessing your not on the HP is from the devil train that so many are on...

Personally I haven't read any, but saw the a couple of the movies to see what all the fuss was about. I really, really enjoyed the Hobbit, etal when I was a kid, so I'm sure I would have liked these at that stage too. Glad no one said I couldn't read Tolkien.