Thursday, January 04, 2007

253 - Christmas Holiday

Some activities over my Christmas vacation:

  • Took time off work. I had 11 consecutive days away from the office. Coming back to work hit me hard. I had to set my alarm clock and find work clothes.
  • Saw the movie Rock Balboa with a group of guys from church. I really did like the movie. Good job, Sly.
  • Did some last minute Christmas shopping.
  • Stayed up late. I slept in a bit relative to my normal time of getting up, but not enough to offset me staying up late. The last couple of days, it hit me hard and I crashed big time.
  • Ate lots of food - to much food...to much yummy, not good for you food.
  • Made a point to hit the gym to try in the tiniest way possible to offset all the food I couldn't stop eating.
  • Enjoyed Christmas lights around town and made a trip to see the Longview Lake light display.
  • Listened to a lot of Christmas music. I really enjoyed the new Over the Rhine - Snow Angels Christmas album.
  • Attended a Christmas Eve service in a barn with live animals. We saw this advertised in the paper and thought it would be a nice change from the normal cantata.
  • Spent Christmas Eve with my side of the family.
  • Delivered bags full of food to a family in need. Someone in my family organized this with a family from Pastor Ben's church. This was part of our Christmas Eve activities.
  • Sang Christmas Carols to a couple of families we knew. This was something my mom planned and was also part of our Christmas Eve activities.
  • Spent Christmas morning with Verna's side of the family.
  • Went to a Christmas night party at my Cousins.
  • Painted our Living Room, Dining Room, and Hall over the break. It has been about 9 years and it was time for an update.
  • Did some after Christmas shopping.
  • Read a couple of books.
  • Spent an evening with Kerry, Neecy, and Tim. We all went out to eat at Manny's on Southwest Blvd. for some Mexican food. Kerry told stories of Mullets.
  • Watched a few videos: Lucky Number Slevin, Thank You for Smoking, Little Miss Sunshine, Talledega Nights-the Ballad of Ricky Bobby, Just Friends, Polar Express, Elf.
  • Watched a KU basketball game in Lawrence at Allen Field House with our new YA Pastor.
  • Satisfied my BBQ fix with a Z-Man from Okie Joe's.
  • Took some long, hot soaks in the tub.
  • Bought some new music with Christmas funds.
  • Went to a New Year's Party at my Cousin's.

5 comments:

Achtung BB said...

the Z-man sounds good. What new music did you pick up

f o r r e s t said...

The Z-man was good!

Check back often and you shall see some of the music, but first I need to catch up with November.

shakedust said...

You did more than I would dream of over your break. Sounds like fun, but I always advocate laziness when possible. :)

We took about the same amount of time off work. I have had a very hard time getting back to the grindstone, though I don't know if I'd call it crashing. I am just not mentally there yet.

roamingwriter said...

Glad your back on the blog. Had fun over Christmas too visiting all you guys. You think the first day back to work is bad, try doing it one day after a transatlantic flight. Ugh! Who thought up the idea of getting up when it's dark outside???

Dash said...

Z-Man .... that's what I left off my Christmas list.


gotta get goin' to OK-Joes!!!!!!