Sunday, September 10, 2006

239 - 1/2 Friday

Last Friday was my "half" Friday and at home on a whim, we decided to go out for lunch with the boys. We were thinking of the eating options that weren't McDonald's or I guess any sort of fast food when it occurred to us that we should try out the new T-Rex out a Legends. Come on,...boys and dinosaurs, giant insects, and meteor showers...you can't go wrong.

The place is like an amusement park. The outside of T-Rex is mountainous with a huge life-size brontosaraus bones over the entrance. I was holding Els as we walked in the door and I felt his body tense up as we were greeted by a robotic moving T-Rex with huge teeth and blinking eyes. The inside is made up of different themed pre-historic enviroments. We must have been seated in the sea room because our table was right next a huge aquarium with a snails, jelley fish, and other sea things that I don't know the names of. The ugly looking dinosaur statues that was 10 feet away came to life every 10 minutes or so, which kind of scared the little guy at first, but soon he was all giggles. And then there is the meteor showers. I think this happens like once an hour. The lights start to fade to dark and then there are some sound effects.

All of this action kept the boys content for the entire dining time, which is why fast food tends to work better. Els kept spying and pointing to different things that would come to life...like giant ladybugs, ants, and other dinos.

Another nice thing was that our server brought out the kids meals first, so we had time to get them going on their dinners before ours came out. This, I don't think is a standard practice, but our server asked us because Ewe told our server that he wanted a cheeseburger and fries when she was taking our drink order.

I was pleasantly surprised that the food was actually pretty good.

On a lighter side (lame news speak), being at the Legends we also did a little shopping and I got a new pair a jeans. A new pair of jeans that had a 2" smaller waist since the last pair of jeans I got.

8 comments:

Doc said...

congratulations!

shakedust said...

Forget the kids, I think that's the sort of place I'd like to visit.

So, you're going the opposite direction in waist size? You'll have to wear them Thursday so we can verify that they fit properly.

Dash said...

is this a chic blog?

GoldenSunrise said...

You just mentioned the jeans because of Dust's jean confession. Someone's bragging. Good for you.

I saw the outside of the T-Rex restaurant when I was at Legends. It looks like a cool place to bring a boy.

windarkwingod said...

Girls like Giant Reptiles as well... (Forrest... you must have sent those extra two inches to me as a care package...)

f o r r e s t said...

Dash - isn't blogging in general a 'chic' thing?

...yes, the jean comment was in reference to an earlier Dust post on his site. I've been slipping my two inches into his coffee at Homer's over the last year.
*
*
*
*
that's just gross.

shakedust said...

I thought Homers' coffee tasted a little weird. Ewwww.

roamingwriter said...

The name Legends sounds like an old western bar that used to be in Springfield. Glad you had fun going out.

Were they dark jeans or faded in spots? Things are definitely going darker over here and less of the faded butt, knees etc for fall.