Tuesday, September 05, 2006

237- labor day weekend

This was an amazing weekend for so many reasons. I always look forward to the first of September, because it means that fall is right around the corner with so many things that I love. The weather was amazing. Having spent most of my weekend outside, I cannot stop gushing at how amazing the weather was.

I started Friday night off with a soccer game. It's always fun to play and run around and we won too - which is always good.

Saturday morning we emphasized the "labor" of Labor Day weekend with some yard work. We lemmed up so branches in our backyard and planted grass seed.

Saturday evening was the first KU Jayhawks football game of the season. My dad and I have had season tickets for 9 years now and my sister joined us a few years ago. We started a new tradition this year by going to the Student Union and picking out new shirts to wear. College football gameday atomsphere is the best - the fans are wearing there colors, the smell of tailgaters, the sounds of overstuffed bars, the sounds of marching bands, the roar of the crowd, and the weather of Autumn.

Sunday, we had our big family picnic over at Antioch Park with lots of good food and great weather.

Monday, Vernal and I took the boys over to the Topeka Zoo and Gage Park for a little daytrip. We picnic'd in Gage Park and played on the 'old school' playground equipment. We even took a little train ride around the park before we went into the zoo. I used to live in Topeka - for about a year. Gage Park was my favorite back then and it is still a great park with lots of activity. It is a good place for entertainment and fun. We then went to the zoo. I know it is a small zoo, but it was perfect of the pace that we were going. And the weather was perfect!

3 comments:

shakedust said...

The weather was perfect. I wish we could have spent more time than we even did outside this weekend.

GoldenSunrise said...

Gage Park looked cute when we saw it this past April. I thought the zoo was just the right size.

Stephanie said...

Jerms loves the Topeka zoo! He thinks it's way better than KC, because you can actually see the animals. I've never been, but now I want to even more!