Saturday, April 22, 2006

weekend update


Friday:

  • my half day of work.
  • took my car in for an oil change.
  • met my dad and his truck at a construction building place to pick up some sand to complete the sandbox project. A ton of sand is only $16. A 50 lb. bag at wal-mart is like $3.
  • moved the sand from the truck to the sandbox.
  • took a quick trip up to Best Buy.
  • made some yummy low-fat quesadillas.
  • watched movies - Fun with Dick and Jane and Without a Paddle. They were both pretty short and Els woke up a few times, so I rocked with him.

Saturday:

  • Vernal took Ewe to swim lessons and I stayed home with Els.
  • ran a few errands in the morning.
  • mowed the lawn.
  • went to First Family Church with my dad to see Lee Strobel speak. He was very good. The format was a sitdown interview with Q&A. Lee Strobel discussed everything from the Da Vinci Code and its flaws to the gnostic gospel of Judas to his own personal story of being an athiest and investigating the history of Jesus to becoming a believer and receiver.
  • ate some yummy low-fat chicken tacos.

4 comments:

shakedust said...

The sandbox is a good idea. We have this sand spot in our back yard that I am wondering if we should just build into a sandbox. With a little one on the way, I think that would provide the most enjoyment.

roamingwriter said...

The Lee Strobel thing sounds interesting. I'd like to hear him sometime.

Our weekend was buy patio furniture and groceries, rain, Burger King, and church (started at noon instead of 11:30, though not officially.

f o r r e s t said...

Dust, sounds like a great idea. My boys spend hours playing in the sand.

Roamer, check out leestrobel.com. He has a lot of videos to watch discussing the Da Vinci Code stuff.

Stephanie said...

Did you use all the sand?