Friday, April 07, 2006

this is a first

look at me...

here I am typing on a Friday night. I never visit blogland over the weekend, but now...watchout!!

So what happened today???

It was my half day at work and I spent the morning coloring up a site plan in photoshop. That was fun easy work after spending a few days taking care of a city code issue and writing a letter asking for a code modification that will give us permission to do something that is not allowed by code. We have an existing condition on a 50 year old building that I am converting into town homes and sometimes the new codes just don't jive with existing standards. So, hopefully the city will grant us permission or else it'll get real expensive.

(Whoa, I didn't mean to go there.)

This afternoon we all went to Antioch Park to play and enjoy the weather, but the weather soon changed and you could feel the tempature dropping and there were also little spats of rain. But that didn't slow us down, the boys still played and found rocks to throw into the lake and geese to chase.

After the park - to Quick Trip. Slushees on me. We drove down to the plaza to look at a few projects that I worked on that are now under consturction. Then Ewan talked us into going to the Plaza Library. So, we spent an hour or so there.

I took a path home that brought us close to Oklahoma Joe's. The rest is history. MMMH!! I ate my divine Kansas City BBQ in honor of our friend in Spain. Darwin, that Z-man was for you.

So here I am on a Friday night, where I have spent the last couple of hours messing with my itunes now that I have high-speed at home. I was shopping; spending a $10 gift certificate that I got for Christmas. I had to sample a lot of music before I made a choice.

Good night! Now I will go read.

7 comments:

shakedust said...

Those Friday afternoons sound just a little too fun!

f o r r e s t said...

oh yeah! Everybody should have half-fridays.

Half-Fridays on me!

T said...

cool another weekend blogger! YAY! Sounds like a fun friday.

GoldenSunrise said...

Your talk of slushees made me want one. I got a blue powerade slushee at Sonic for lunch.

Glad to have you around on the weekends.

Stephanie said...

I had a Z-Man on Saturday! God Bless Ok Joe's!

meredithia said...

hey! I haven't been on this blog thing in forever!! so sorry for my lack of comments...

I love that "last days of winter CD" I also think that sometimes I'm a little late to realize that I like a band (ex. jimi hendrix when I was in high school, and now depache mode...) oh well, I suppose better late than never! anyway, thanks a whole bunch! It's going to quickly become my new study CD (which says a lot, since that's all I do...)

f o r r e s t said...

Thank you and study hard!