Monday, March 10, 2008

What is going in my iPod...(cont'd)

Here are some older albums from my collection that I recently (in the last few months) loaded to my ipod: Shepherd - Committing to Tape

Ronnie martin put down the keyboard and created a really sparse guitar album of slow sad songs.


Portishead - Portishead
I love the sound, feel, and atmosphere of this spy sounding trip-hop album. Portishead is suppose to release a new album this year. It's about time.


The Verve - Urban Hymns


The Verve - A Northern Soul
I was in a Verve mood. I love both these albums. Very smoothy and vibey. The Verve broke up but are back together now recording new music.


Boards of Canada - Music has the Right to Children
Good electronic music.

Starflyer 59 - the Last Laurel ep

Starflyer 59 - Fell in Love at 22 ep

Starflyer 59 - Easy Come Easy Go (1994-2000)

Starflyer 59 - Americana
Okay, SF59, one of my all-time favorite bands. They do not dissappoint. I almost have their whole collection on my ipod - just a few more to download.


Sixpence None the Richer - Divine Discontent
I've been buying a lot of music similar to 6p, so it is only right the I dust off these old records. Another band that broke up and now is recording again.

4 comments:

Achtung BB said...

I wasn't very impressed with Shepard. The sound quality was bad for starters. So far, Ronnie hasn't gone back to that project, and I hope he never does. I've heard about Portishead and Sixpense getting back together. Look forward to hearing both those. I'm really excited about the Verve getting back together. I've been following Richard Ashcroft solo career and it has been pretty impressive. The Verve have broken up several times before. They apparently hate each other, but that tension can result in great work. Urban Hymns is one of my favorite albums of all time.

shakedust said...

I had no idea Sixpence was back together. Is their new stuff like their old stuff?

f o r r e s t said...

BB,
Shepherd was not the best sounding Ronnie Martin project. I know his whole approach was to be minimal - he played no chords on the guitar, just single string plucking. I think the songs were there, I just wish he would have fleshed it out with a big band sound.

Dust,
6P is, I guess, still recording, so I haven't heard anything yet. My guess is that it'll be more like their earlier stuff, now that that they probably don't have any pressure to produce a big hit.

Anonymous said...

How did you get yours hands on a last laurel ep? I've been looking for it and can't find it anywhere!