Saturday, May 26, 2007

267 - I'm back

I've been putting this off. Here is a quick update. I'd like to say that I've been busy, but everybody is busy. I blame my absence of posting on not being in a multi-tasking mode. Lately, I have been of a singular focus.

This is what has happened since March:

  • Tried to finish a lot work before my trip to Italy. I stayed at the office a little late and worked during lunch.
  • Went to Italy with my Dad. Spent time in Padova, Venice, Verona, Milan, and Biella. We spent the majority of our days in Venice.
  • Tried to catch up on a lot of work the was building up during my trip. I had 2 projects that happened to line up with deadlines at about the same time as my trip. Not the best situation. It should not have been a problem, but the owners delayed the projects and caused this problem.
  • Spent about a month flirting with the idea of working elsewhere. Two different offices were interested. It was difficult, because I wasn't actively looking. I took the job with the office that had the most to offer to make life better for my family.
  • Been enjoying life and family for about 2 weeks between jobs.
  • Just returned from a little trip to St. Louis.
  • I now have 2 more days before I start at a new office with new people.
  • I'd rather keep living the way I have over the last 2 weeks.

4 comments:

shakedust said...

I don't blame you for preferring to not have to go to work. It was weird for me to have to go back right after NJ was born just because I got a taste of what it would be like to stay at home.

GoldenSunrise said...

It sure is nice being able to stay home. Good luck on your new job.

Achtung BB said...

Welcome back! Sounds like you have busy. I bet Italy was a blast, you can tell me about in a few weeks.

Portland wawa said...

Congrats on your new job and the new arrival due this summer. Hope to talk to you in person soon.