Wednesday, October 04, 2006

243

I just had a thought...an old thought...thoughts come and go, ya know.

I admit I can become a bit cynical. I try not to be, though. My check is...other cynical people. Although, they can lead me down the road of cynicism, usually they serve as someone I don't want to be like.

Usually it's later that I look back on a conversation and go...ewww, that made me feel dirty and when did I become so negative. And I realize the person I was talking to is usually always negative and cynical about life.

And that is when I use that person as a model or a benchmark. So, that I don't become like this person and that my family doesn't become like theirs.

On the other hand, I am reminded about good traits in other people and their families. I see loyalty, faithfulness, and support. I want me and my family to be modeled around those traits.

It's too easy to snicker and complain.

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

scary post to read....I do the same thing and hope that I'm not the cynical one to someone else!

GoldenSunrise said...

It is easy to fall into the trap of cynicism/negativity when you are around someone like that.

T said...

I tend to be more negative with some then others. Once I realize it, I try to right the wrong and be more careful with what I talk about to avoid the negativity. Nobody likes a downer.

shakedust said...

I'm not immune for sure.

I know about feeling dirty after you talk to someone because they always want to point out the negatives about other people or the church.

windarkwingod said...

I'm trying hard to find perspective. Its a balance between admitting what is wrong and trying to fix or cope with it and not just reacting with bitterness.

windarkwingod said...

Negativity seems like it is never good for you internally. If you stay there, it eats at you. Not that everyone doesn't visit. It's when something is actually negative that it's hard to get a good perspective on it.

roamingwriter said...

oops that last one was me, I accidentally posted as Dar without noticing. Sorry!

windarkwingod said...

Apology accepted

meredithia said...

ok. so I decided to dig up my blogger site and use it again.

I agree with you, but I also feel the same way about stupidity/ignorance. I sometimes reflect back on an evening and think about how some people are just morons (these aren't usually my friends btw). Or narrow-minded/sexist people in my education classes. soooo frustrating!