Sunday, October 08, 2006

244 - old sketchbooks

Last week, we were cleaning out our basement and I ran across a box with some of my old sketch books. There were a series of books that I did for a few years in a style of "sketchbook journaling"...if that is a real word or style? Every night before bed, I'd try to put a creative pause on the day with anything that might of resembled itself significant - a left over ticket stub, flyer to a show, menu, business card, newspaper, etc.

It was fun.

I should pick that back up again on a more consistant basis.

But for now, I'll leave you with some of the images.

Tuesday 13 October 1998

4 comments:

shakedust said...

Not bad.

Is she blowing wind over the city, or is that more of a Superman (woman) pose?

f o r r e s t said...

She's blowing something over the city. Maybe it was windy that day. I don't remember much about this one.

GoldenSunrise said...

Cool. Sounds fun.

meredithia said...

that's cool! I also (strangely) like that her face is pretty much consumed in the middle of the book. she has less of an identity that way...

you should show your stuff at an art gallery for first fridays!