Friday, December 28, 2007

300 - White Elephant Gift



I went to a Christmas Party this year where we were suppose to bring a white elephant gift. Earlier in the week, I decided that I don't like white elephant gift exchanges when people try to unload their junk on each other. Yes, some present can be funny, but rarely does one get a gift that they don't want to throw away.

So this year, I wanted to give a gift that wasn't junk and kept the spirit of the white elephant. Here is my painting of a white elephant. I may do a new white elephant painting each year.

I kinda like this guy and am bummed that I did not try to get my own present.

5 comments:

Achtung BB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Achtung BB said...

Cool idea. I would have grabbed it. The best white elephant gift I got was Dash's "Politically Correct Christmas Stories."

shakedust said...

I can't believe that I didn't grab it. I was thinking that I would feel bad if I picked it up and didn't display it somewhere, but to have a S.W. original would have been something to brag about.

Portland wawa said...

That is a great white elephant gift. We haven't been to a party with those exchanges here in Portland. It was fun.

Dash said...

Maybe Forrest should help us with a piece of art that perfectly blends the crappy green gold carpet with the semi-crappy green and white panneling ... and the horribly crappy gold curtains.

whataya think T?