Thursday, November 29, 2007

296 - new book

After taking a slight break from reading, I am back at it. It is an easy habit to not read.



I just finished Thunderstruck by Erik Larson. I really enjoyed Devil in the White City so much that I was looking forward to reading this one. And it did not disappoint. Larson writes non-fiction like it is reading a mystery novel.

This story follows two characters at the turn of 19th century, Marconi as he is inventing through trial and error wireless telegraphy and Dr. Crippen a little timid man who murders his overbearing wife and flees with his clueless lover.

Essentially, because of this new wireless technology and peoples appetite for a "killer-on-the-loose" scoop, it seems like this story may bet the first OJ/White Bronco chase that caught the world's attention.

...more interesting things to say, but I won't.

4 comments:

Achtung BB said...

19th century OJ chase. Sounds entertaining.

shakedust said...

So, the slow speed chase on a white bronco is really on a white bronco?

roamingwriter said...

Non-fiction you say? Do you think Dar would like these? I'm brainstorming for Christmas. (Maybe he won't read this!) It's funny you say it's easy not to read. I can stop a lot of things (tv, blog, email, but not reading habits).

Dash said...

This goes on my list .... right after the three newest Circle Trilogy books (the Lost Books).

I didn't even know they were out there. Darn data-direct marketing at amazon.